Monday, August 22, 2005

Cool Breeze

Oh man! Is it ever nice to have a working AC back in the house. Sure, I have just blown all my overtime money on it, but what can you do? At least we're not melting now. My good friend Tony helped me install it and we were amazed when we fired it up. It got cold, fast! This new unit is far more efficient then the old one. I don't think K could have taken another day without it. I'm pretty sure it was 100+ F today...

Well, in other news, I am pretty much decided to replace the Ubuntu partition on my mom's HDD with SuSE 9.3. I love Ubuntu, especially on my AMD64. I just think the KDE interface and polished admin tools will really help make the transition to Linux more appealing. We shall see. Now that the AC is back, I can actually think about working on non-essential things around here. Otherwise, all we wanted to do was find the coolest spot in the house and not move. Spoiled? Yes, yes we are...

No comments: