Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Envy

I am not the jealous type really. I have a good life and a lot to be thankful for. Tonight I reflect on recent happenings in the lives of some of my friends. Steps they have taken, pushing through fears and uncertainties to attain something new. Not necessarily materially, but a new level of confidence or happiness.

I will admit I am a bit envious now as I think on these things. Envious of their courage. To take a chance. To take the harder road. To try, and to succeed. Remember that line in the movie Signs? "Swing away" It made all the difference in the end. Whether you succeed or fail, you will obviously never know unless you try.

So, do I "swing away" or drop the bat because it's just the easier thing to do?

I've seen these friends succeed in major & minor triumphs over uncertainties when they could have just taken the safe/easy road or bowed out. Time to step up to the plate myself I think...

No comments: