Monday, September 12, 2005

Musix GNU+Linux 0.26 Notes

[Linux – Audio – LiveCD – HDD Installable]

Updated 13 Sept. 2005: Developer public keys import script for Ututo distros discovered.

I saw an announcement for this UTUTO based Audio Workstation distribution this morning. I had a couple of minor difficulties with the download that I hope to spare you with these few notes...

GnuPG was giving me a BAD signature error on the iso file that I downloaded from the link in the DistroWatch announcement. I found another site in the mirrors list and downloaded the files from there, and all was well. I used the following links on ftp.rutgers.edu:


Don't waste your time trying to find the public key on the Musix site or from Google, believe me I doubt you'll find it. However, you can obtain the needed public key for the signature file to verify the iso by using the following Gnu Privacy Guard command (all on one line):

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x5320454D

Once you download the iso image & the corresponding signature file to the same directory, you can check the image integrity with the following command (all on one line):

gpg --verify MusixGNU+Linux026.iso.sig musixGNU+Linux026.iso

There is currently no official bittorrent link listed for this distro, so here is a magnet link for Azureus users:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:PG6L4PC4L2JEBBZQPEUGUX7M22SGJFS2

Updated 20 Nov. 2005: Here is an (unofficial) torrent for this distro from Linux Tracker:


I hope to have a review of this audio workstation distro posted shortly.

Enjoy!

No comments: