Thursday, November 03, 2005

Guitar: Sweep Picking Video

Ultimate Guitar has recently posted a very informative instructional video on sweep picking entitled (appropriately) Swept Away.

The video quality is a little lacking production-wise (too much glare!) but I'm not complaining, honest! The instructional value is huge for novices in this technique (me! LOL!). The instructor's name is Marc Seal and he does an excellent job presenting the lesson. He covers the fundamentals of the technique, and getting the basics down (practice slowly, with a metronome, get the hands in sync, etc.). Then progresses on to more intricate exercises. All in all, a very useful approach to getting started in sweep picking. Many thanks to Ultimate Guitar and Mr. Seal for the presentation!

As I've said previously I sure wish someone had shown this picking method to me twenty years ago...

Technorati Tags:

No comments: