Monday, December 24, 2007

You Never Know


About a year and a half ago I bought a small scale guitar for my oldest son. He used to want to play (with) my guitars all the time so why not? Well, time did tell. His interest in guitar quickly diminished and I thought my hopes for another musician in the family were dashed.

We went to my mother's house for Thanksgiving, and to our immense astonishment J immediately took to her piano. Within a day he was playing tunes on it. I couldn't believe it! And, he kept on with it the whole time we were there. My mother even said she would give us the piano and we seriously considered renting a U-Haul to bring it home with us.

A while back I had purchased a Yamaha PSR-293 in the hopes of using it as a MIDI device for my recording endeavors. I haven't used it much at all, and we considered selling it when we were moving. No one was using it. Why not?

Good thing we didn't since J now plays it every day. He found a beginners keyboard course book and has been teaching himself how to read music & play ever since. Pretty cool, in my humble estimation. We need to find him a good teacher to augment his own efforts. I'm so glad we kept that keyboard. You just never know...

No comments: