Wednesday, August 31, 2005

DAW: SuSE 9.2 LiveCD -Audio Bittorrent

Updated: 06 Sept 2005: Magnet Link corrected, tested and verified.

Updated: 02 Sept 2005: Updated magnet link.

Updated: 01 Sept 2005 (I belive) I have figured out how to use the distributed tracker and can publish the LiveCD via magnet link as opposed to needing a standard tracker--hence the changes below. If the new link dose not open Azureus (or another distributed tracker wielding client) automagically, use File --> Open --> Location (or CTRL+L) and paste in the following in the URL field:


magnet:?xt=urn:btih:B3D682DB4C1743401403E4C5C39C137120351B08

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:WPLIFW2MC5BUAFAD4TC4HHATOEQDKGYI

Ok, I am going to try an experiment with Azureus distributed tracker bittorent for:


If you use Azureus and are interested in this incredible audio-centric distro (which you will see me constantly refer to in these pages), please give it a try. Of course with Bittorrent, the more connections the merrier. I don't think there is a bittorrent for this .iso anywhere else, so why not? This may or may not work with other bittorrent clients. Heck, this is my first time trying this, it might not work at all. Feedback would be appreciated on the torrent and the distro itself.

Note: I didn't figure out how to go about "announcing" the distributed tracker so I used the internal Azureus tracker to do the job. However, should my box go offline, distributed tracking will kick in and transfers can continue--if I'm not the only one in the torrent.

The MD5 sum for the .iso is:

d228a942b5042cc2f0cd9e13a2eeef28  SUSE-Linux-9.2-LiveCD-Audio.iso

No comments: