Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Inquisitive Kid

I was removing the old AC yesterday when J in perfect innocence asks me out of the blue, "What the hell are you doing?"

Stunned silence followed by his mother's (muffled) laughter. This is not something we'd ever heard from this seven-year-old before.

I ask K, "Did he just say what I think he said? J, what did you say?"

"What the hell are you doing?", he replied, again in total naïveté.

K is really not helping things at all now, she is totally cracking up while I am trying to be deadpan about it (and not crack up) so we don't confuse him. Thanks a lot K! :-P~~

I asked him, "Where in the world did you hear that?" J proceeded to explain in precise detail exactly where he heard it--Han Solo, Star Wars Episode 4. It seemed like a perfectly good question to him...

I, uh, explained to him that it would be a bit more appropriate if he just asked me "what are you doing?" in the future...

Hmm, too much TV I think...

No comments: